New Features in this update / ROM - I9300XXELK4:
- Android 4.1.2 - JZO54K
- Multi-View (Multi Windows Multitasking, same as in Note II)
- Page Buddy
- Notification Panel (Notification Panel can now be customized)
- Smart Rotation (Screen Display adjusts to your angle of sightings)
- Continues Input in Samsung Keyboard (Like Swipe or Android 4.2 Keyboard)
- Paper Artist App (Same as in Note II) - New Gallery App (Same as in Note II)
What you need
2. Samsung USB Drivers Installed - http://drivers.softpedia.com/progDownload/SAMSUNG-USB-Driver-for-Mobile-Phones-1560-Download-170044.html
3. KIES UNINSTALLED (Can mess up flashing process).
4. The 4.1.2 firmware -http://hotfile.com/dl/179580145/2c2e17e/I9300XXELK4_I9300OJKELK5_ILO.zip.html(858MB)
(Unzip to get the .tar file then, Keep on desktop so it will be easier to find)
5. Have a decent amount of battery. At least 50%. just to be safe. :)
1. Uninstall KIES if you have it on your PC (Don't tick uninstall drivers option)
N.B: If you never installed KIES before, just install the SAMSUNG USB Driver above and restart pc.
2. FACTORY RESET YOUR PHONE to wipe all data presently on device (If you don't do, you might have problem when phone is booting after flashing) (Fix - reboot into recovery and wipe data/factory reset in CWM)
3. After phone has booted, skip setup, then Turn on USB Debugging in phone (Settings > Developer options > Tick USB Debugging).
4. Connect phone and wait for all drivers to install completely then disconnect phone.
5. Turn phone off and boot into download mode (Hold VolumeDown+Home+Power button then tap VolumeUp button when asked to).
6. Launch ODIN (I always recommend running as admin on windows Vista, 7 or 8), so right-click and run-as-admin.
7. Connect phone and you will see that the first box in ODIN will show that phone has been connected by writing something that looks like "COM:xx" and box will be light blue color.
8. Click 'PDA' option, then locate the 'I9300XXELK4_I9300OJKELK5_HOME.tar.md5' file on your desktop or wherever you extracted it to.
9. DO NOT TOUCH ANY OTHER OPTION IN ODIN, Just make sure 'Repartition' option by the left is NOT ticked.
10. When you have confirmed all these, just hit the 'Start' button at the bottom of the ODIN interface and flashing will start. It will take only a few minutes (mine took 4mins 4secs).
11. After flashing, phone will reboot. (DON'T PANIC, First time boot takes a little longer).
WHEN PHONE BOOTS UP, YOU ARE NOW ON PRE-ROOTED STOCK JB 4.1.2! :)
If you want Custom Recovery (CWM), follow steps here -http://www.facebook.com/groups/OfficialSamsungGalaxySIII/doc/387059891382140/
ENJOY YOUR S3 RUNNING 4.1.2 JELLY BEAN WITH ALL THE AMAZING NEW FEATURES FROM THE NOTE II! :D