Hello guys! Ginawa ko itong guide para malinawagan na ang lahat about sa camera issue ng phone natin. Medjo tagal ng discussion dito at mahaba haba narin ang pinagtatalunan.
First of all, I’m a Photographer. I attended seminars from very basic to advanced photography. Kaya trust me, I know what I’m saying. :p I don’t call myself a “pro”. Malayo layo pa ang tatahakin kong landas bago ko marating yan. Hehe. J Hobby ko lang po talaga ito. And I want to share with you guys ang mga nalalaman ko na connected sa concern ninyo.
OK Let’s start.
Q: 12mp ba talaga si OHD2 or 8 lang?
Ay sayang 8mp lng hndi 12mp
12mp interpolated? Ano un?
BE REMINDED: I DON’T want to discuss here ung marketing propaganda ng CM bakit nilagay na 12mp imbis na 8mp. That’s not my forte na. hehe. :P
ANS: Yes. 8 mp lang si OHD. I want to emphasize is the SENSOR resolution which is 8mp lang talaga.
Naging 12mp siya through SOFTWARE MANIPULATION or kilala natin na INTERPOLATION.
Best example: Bili ka ng webcam sa CDRking na worth 200. Sabi sa box 20MP! That’s only through Interpolation. Sobrang baba ng sensor resolution ng mga yan. ONE more. DIGITAL ZOOM is a form of interpolation. The camera only CROPs the part of the picture then interpolates it to the original resolution.
Through this process, A LOT of detail is lost, in return: POOR QUALITY.
Ano ba ang disadvantage ?(Aside from above) Well. It depends. IF ONLY. Maganda ang quality ng sensor na ginamit regardless sa lens, at di gaano malaki ang interpolated pixels(from 8mp to 10mp). NO EFFECT, if any minimal.
Eh kung si OHD? For me, walang pinagkaiba in terms of quality. BECAUSE: (8 to 12mp si OHD)
- Pang FB, instagram.. ko lang naman si OHD. Diba mostly sa inyo ganyan ang gamit? AMININ! :P kahit 100MP pa yang pic. Compressed na ang picture pag nag uupload ka sa social media sites. To be specific 640x480 ang resolution na makikita mo. Super baba dibah?
- I don’t print BILLBOARD size photos. Wallet size or 3r or 4r will do. (Kahit 5mp lang nga ganda parin)
- KAYA PLS STOP complaining na 8mp lang imbis 12mp.
Sensor size/architechture ang important factor in producing Good quality photo. I’ll mention them 1 by 1.
ARCHITECTURE: Old sensors are CCD, while newer model have CMOS sensors. I will not go deeper sa mga iyan. But in GENERAL rule in respect to sensor sizes. CMOS>CCD especially in video recording, performance and power consumption.
Q: Oh wait BSI CMOS si OHD dibah? Ano ung BSI?
A: BSI or Back sided-Illuminated CMOS sensor is a type of CMOS sensor na mas optimized sa Low light. Again, in general rule. Much better kung BSI CMOS kesa sa ordinary CMOS sensor.
TAKE NOTE2: SENSOR SIZES
Most of compact cameras and smartphones have very small camera sensors. In comparison to DSLRs which have enormous ones. (I will continue this below.)
Ex. Smartphones/compact camera = tennis ball
DSLRS = Basketball
TAKE NOTE3: MEGAPIXEL MYTH
To avoid confusion, HIGH MEGAPIXEL COUNT DOESN’T MEAN BETTER PHOTOS
Ex. Camera A= Nikon Coolpix A = 16mp
Camera B = Sony HX 20v = 18mp Both of them are compact cameras and uses CMOS sensors
So which is better?
ANS: Winner by miles ahead. Nikon Coolpix A. Why? Its because Coolpix A uses APS-C sensor while sony uses standard compact sensors. (Remember the tennis and basketball comparison?)
The same applies to smartphones.
Q: So bakit nga mas maganda ang LARGE sensor in comparision to SMALL sensor?
ANS: It's because it can gather more light/information. BOOM! XD
I will not include na ung about sa signal to noise ratio discussion. But to just to summarize everything: Lesser Pixel count = LESS NOISE.
ex. take a look at advanced compact cameras like panasonic LX-7, Canon g15, Olympus XZ-2. nasa 10-12MP lang mga yan because, they want to attain, high performance in LOW LIGHT. (disregard natin sa discussion ang LENS.)
ex2. HTC one: Uses Ultra Pixel Tech w/c only has 4mp! take note that it uses VERY LARGE sensor in respect to smartphones. Kaya halimaw sa LOW LIGHT!
Q: Nokia 808 vs OHD 2
A: Nandun ang answer sa mga COMMENTS: haha :))
**ADVANTAGE of High MP
1. High details can be preserved (AGAIN if Good sensor w/ Large diameter ang ginamit)
2. Mataas ang crop factor. (Dito Taob si HTC 1 kay S4)
3. Pang print ng BILLBOARD: LOL
4. PANG YABANG factor= 100 MEGA PIXELS CAMERA KO! WOOT! O_0? hahaha.
TAKE NOTE 3: SOFTWARE
Processing the information from the sensor is also VERY important in producing GOOD Picture. Like reducing noise without providing so much artefact, excessive loss of detail, good color balance and vibrance. Etc etc. Nasa image processor nagaganap yan.
GREAT CAMERA APPS FOR YOUR OHD2.0
- Camera FV-5 - You can control everything here. You can set your own paramerter. I like this a lot. Mabilis pa mag focus. I always use this.
- Pro Capture - Also Good, must try it.
- Snap Camera - Note! naka crop ung picture dito, pero very responsive xa. and takes good pictures to.
FOR VIDEOGRAPHERS: Solves your problem away!
1. Lenovo Super Camera: All in one na to!! ok na ok.
2 LG Camera Pro: Ugly Ui, Use for video purposes only. Records at Full HD at 30mbits/second
FOR STYLES AND FILTERS.
- Camera Zoom Fx
- Camera MX
- Cymera - My favorite! :)
- Camera 360 - free sa playstore and Favorite ng GF ko. :))
CAMERA APP TO AVOID
- CM STOCK CAMERA APP - ewan ko ung anong problem dito, BUT! Stay away from this lalo na sa Gabi, blurry pictures all the time. kahit in good light, matagal mag lock ng focus.
HOPE THIS POST WILL HELP YOU GUYS!